Become a Yoga Teacher and awaken your potential!
InYoga presents Yoga Teacher Training programs for aspiring and experienced yoga teachers, as well as for dedicated students. Deepen your practice, unlock and engage your potential on and off the yoga mat. Our unique programs offer a dynamic, integrative approach to the art of living and embodying yoga, with a complete pathway from 200 to 500 hours and beyond.
If you want to transform your own life, become empowered, and share the benefits of yoga with others, then our programs are for you!
- Become a certified yoga teacher and start your teaching journey
- Teach well-rounded and inspiring yoga classes with confidence and clarity
- Deepen your own yoga practice by learning more about asana, pranayama, meditation and yoga philosophy
- Learn to apply yogic wisdom to your own life so you can live and teach with integrity and compassion
- Become part of a vibrant, supportive yoga community with a shared vision
- Guide yourself and others to better health, wellbeing and vitality
Our 200hr training program offers yoga as an integral tool for creating complete wellness of body, mind and heart, to live a fully expressed life.
Our Foundational 200-hour Training is the first step towards enhancing your relationship to yoga, and making it an integral part of your life. Whether you plan to teach yoga or want to develop your own personal practice, our training is designed to be an uplifting experience of sharing knowledge, skills and tools to live well.
If you’re interested in deepening your own practice and creating a life-long relationship with yoga, our training will unveil the life skills that are embedded in yogic wisdom and practice.
We believe that yoga is for every body! Our focus is on creating healthy yoga practices that are empowering, rejuvenating and transformative.
Our emphasis is on offering practical and experiential studies that are in rhythm with our individual life situations, so our courses are designed to fit people’s busy schedules. Please follow the links below for our 3 course formats.
What you'll learn
A Life InYoga - Yogic Principles for Wellbeing
- A Life InYoga - our signature philosophy of how to live, know and love a life in yoga
- Exploring yoga as a practice for life, where your practice becomes a portal to holistic wellbeing
- Discover the foundational threads of an embodied practice and life
- Effect of yoga on your body, mind and nervous system, emotional wisdom and life force
- Prana and Vayus - enhanced understanding of how to move energy through the layers of your being for greater vitality
- Nadis - how to affect a healthy flow of energy through the primary energy pathways
- Chakras (energy centres) - understand the mental and emotional quality of each of the Chakra for deeper self awareness
- Koshas (layers of being) as a blueprint for a balanced life
- Ayurveda, the ancient Indian system of healing body, mind and spirit
- The yoga of eating - a modern view of health, busting myths about diet and nutrition, healing and sustaining energy through whole foods
Embodied Wisdom - Yoga Asana, Essential Anatomy & Physiology
- Physical and energetic alignment and benefits of yoga asanas
- Modification of asanas for beginners and for a range of physical limitations
- Techniques for teaching yoga asana safely, effectively and with confidence
- How to give clear and simple instructions for maximum benefit
- Key points for teaching beginners
- Creating a safe and inspiring space from which to teach
- Effects of yoga on systems of the body, with particular emphasis on the musculoskeletal system, nervous system, circulatory system and respiratory system
- How yoga affects the joints, muscles and fascia
- Preventing common injuries in yoga practice
The Subtle Arts - Mudra, Pranayama, Mantra & Meditation
- The power of mudra as a tool to short-cut connection for more conscious expression as a teacher, and in your life
- Simple yet powerful breathing techniques to increase life force
- Mantra translates as “tool of mind”. Through embodied learning, you’ll discover tools to enhance your mind’s potential
- A variety of meditation techniques to cultivate a sense of effortless connection for a vibrant life
- Discover tools for deeply rejuvenating Savasana, Yoga Nidra and meditation
Living Yoga - Yogic History and Philosophy for your life
- The roots of yoga - where yoga originated, and how it has evolved over time
- Yoga's journey from its spiritual origin in India to the West
- Discover the context of yogic wisdom and translate its relevance to your life
- The Radiance Sutras, a modern poetic translation/interpretation of the ancient Tantric text, the Vijnana Bhairava Tantra - yogic wisdom for an instinctive connection to your life
- Patanjali's Yoga Sutras - relevant ways to apply these traditional teachings to your own life experience
- The Bhagavad Gita - a traditional yoga text discussing tools for clarity of mind through action, and for discovering your purpose in life
Awakened Teaching - Creating Space for Transformation
Sequencing & Creating Ritual of a Class
- Principles for intelligent sequencing for a full spectrum class, integrating all layers of yoga practice
- Language techniques to engage people’s bodies, minds and emotions in the practice
- Understanding the space a yoga teacher can hold
- Use of verbal cues, demonstration and hands-on-assisting for effective communication
- Evolving a class beyond a practice into a powerful ritual for enhanced wellbeing
Embodied Teaching Skills, Professional yoga Teacher, and Mentoring
- Voice in Yoga - freeing your natural voice for communication and expression
- Embodiment and body language - the power of non-verbal expression
- The teacher-student relationship - creating the space for your students to evolve and transform while honouring boundaries
- Group dynamics - managing your classroom with wisdom and empathy
- Receive personal guidance and development of your teaching skills from Nicole & Rod
- How to get started as a professional yoga teacher
The Heart of Yoga, TKV Desikachar
The Radiance Sutras, Dr Lorin Roche
Wheels of Life, Anodea Judith
Yoga Anatomy, Leslie Kaminoff
Key Muscles of Yoga, Ray Long MD
Next Course dates
Pathways to higher learning
We recognize that once you step on the path to becoming a yoga teacher, you embark on a life-changing journey of never-ending self-improvement. Our Teacher Training program consists of an integrated pathway through 200, 350 and 500-hours of training, as well as modules for special interest and continuing professional development. Learn More
If you would like more information on upcoming courses, our next Teacher Training Information Session or to receive a Student Handbook:
InYoga's Teacher Training programs provide complete pathway of training with an integrated approach to yoga practice and philosophy, giving you the tools to make lasting changes in your life. We draw from the timeless teachings of Ayurveda, Tantra and Hatha Yoga, and blend this traditional information with Western science and a modern understanding of the human body and energy system.
Yoga has reached new heights of popularity in recent years, as many people are actively seeking ways to create and maintain optimal health and wellbeing that don't involve pills or prescriptions. - it's a well known fact that yoga is good for you!
The goal of yoga is simple: to create awareness in our bodies and in our minds that support a natural flow of energy and allow us to reach our fullest potential. We do this by:
- Nurturing the physical body (our vehicle) through healthy movement practice (yoga asana), balanced breathing (pranayama), nutrition and hydration;
- Creating a balanced flow of energy by regulating the sympathetic and parasympathetic nervous system, bringing both the stress response and the relaxation response into harmony;
- Harmonising our mind and emotions through meditation, movement and an uplifting outlook on life;
- Creating better relationships with ourself, others and our natural environment through yogic knowledge.
Yoga is a complete system of wellbeing, and InYoga's Teacher Training programs will inspire you to take charge of your own physical, mental and emotional health through simple yet powerful practices. We acknowledge the traditional roots of yoga, and present the knowledge in an accessible and practical way, allowing you to embark upon your own journey of personal growth.
More than just a teacher training course, this process encourages you to be a living example of health and vitality, and from this solid foundation you will be inspired to share your experiences with others.
Why train with InYoga?
Our Teacher Training courses and curriculum are designed and facilitated by Nicole Walsh and Rod Galbraith, founders of InYoga. Together they have a combined teaching experience of over 30 years. Nicole has been training yoga teachers for more than 14 years, and together Nicole and Rod have personally trained and mentored hundreds of yoga teachers who are actively teaching yoga all over the world. InYoga’s Teacher Training Programs continue to evolve each year, keeping up with international standards and ensuring their graduating students receive high quality training that is delivered with integrity.
We are eternally grateful to our own teachers, who have inspired us to share our love of yoga, and the knowledge that yoga is truly for everyone!
13 March - 19 May 2024
Live Course Format
- Delivered live part time over 2 months by your head trainers Nicole and Rod
- A five-day initial in-studio immersion at InYoga’s beautiful urban yoga sanctuary in Surry Hills, Sydney(either in-person or online depending on chosen study path)
- Five full weekends at InYoga studio (either in-person or online depending on chosen study path)
- A five-day in-studio immersion to conclude the training, receive personalised mentoring, and complete practical assessments (either in-person or online depending on chosen study path)
- Live training offered over 160hrs, supported by an additional 40hrs+ of online resources, content and live online mentoring
- Additional pre and post course support materials, studio membership and mentoring (please see below)
For comprehensive details of course content please click here to scroll up
Live Course Schedule
5 Day Urban Retreat at InYoga
13 - 17 March 2024, (8am - 5pm Wed - Fri and 9:30am - 5pm Sat - Sun)
Weekends at InYoga
(all weekends 9:30am - 5pm)
23 - 24 March
6 -7 April
13 -14 April
20 -21 April
4 -5 May
11 -12 May
5 Day Mentoring Immersion & Graduation at InYoga
15 May - 19 May 2024, (8am - 5pm Wed - Fri and 9:30am - 5pm Sat - Sun)
(In-person attendance required for final 5 days)
Choose your study path
The live course is delivered part-time over two months.
Choose a study format to suit your lifestyle. Study either fully in-person at the studio, fully online, or a combination of both in-studio and online (hybrid). The Hybrid course involves attending the training live in-studio for the first and last five-day immersions, with all in-between weekend sessions attended online.
We like to support our students in both the lead-up to the training and with mentoring and support post-graduation, so as part of your enrolment you’ll receive extra resources and guidance for two months either side of the main course content.
Pre-Course Online Resources and Studio/Online Membership
If you’d like to get a head start on your training, we’ll support you from the day of your enrolment by offering full complimentary membership to the studio and our online library of resources.Two months prior to the start of the live course, we’ll provide you with access to our online course portal with extensive pre-course video content and workshops to get a head start on content which will be a requirement for certification. Starting early will lay a strong foundation for the live training sessions.
2 Months Post Course Mentoring and Teachers Hub Resources
Our post-course mentoring is designed to help you integrate what you’ve learned and feel supported in the process of stepping beyond your teacher training with confidence. Over the course of two months, we offer 4 live zoom sessions for personal support in getting yourself out there as a yoga teacher. In addition, you also receive complimentary access to our teachers hub library of online study and teaching resources.
What you’ll receive:
- 2 Months Part Time Live Tuition either InStudio, Hybrid or Online
- Optional 2 Months Pre-course Online Resources for course preparation
- Optional 2 Months Post Course Mentoring sessions and online resources through InYoga Teachers Hub
- Full Studio and Online Yoga Class Membership from date of enrolment
- Five comprehensive Teacher Training manuals (hard copy and online)
- Online Course Portal with course structure, content and required assignments to be completed for certification
- Recordings of all lectures and sessions for reviewing in your own time
- A 200-hour Yoga Teacher Training Certificate with successful completion of the course and all assessments
Booking and Cancellation T&C
- Course fee includes a $500 non-refundable administration fee.
- Should you need to withdraw prior to start date, your course enrollment and fee paid can be transferred towards a future InYoga 200-hour Teacher Training course within two years,
- Full cancellations more than 60 days prior to course commencement, course fee less the $500 administration fee and less the equivalent value of any studio or online membership used, will be refunded
- For cancellations within 30 days of commencement date, a 50% cancellation fee applies.
- For cancellations within 14 days prior to course commencement date, no refund will be given.
- Once the course has commenced, no refund will be given.