Kale and Broccoli Soup
This soup is delicious, alkalising and ever so simple to make plus, with the addition of the unpastuerised miso paste at the end, the soup includes beneficial bacteria.
- 1 medium onion, roughly chopped
- 1 clove garlic (or two if not very strong), finely chopped
- 1 tbsp ghee or extra virgin coconut oil
- ½ large head of broccoli, roughly chopped
- 2 medium/large zucchinis, roughly chopped
- 750ml filtered water
- 1 packed cup of kale (stalks removed), well chopped
- 1 heaped tbsp of unpastuerised miso paste - I use Muso Unpastuerised Brown Rice Miso Paste
- 1-2 tbsp lemon juice
- Himalayan or Celtic sea salt to taste
- Freshly cracked pepper to taste
On a low heat, gently fry onions until soft (approx 5-10 mins).
Add garlic, broccoli, zucchini and filtered water. Cover and simmer on a medium heat for 10 mins. Add in the kale then turn off the heat.
Once the kale has wilted, blend till smooth (using a hand held stick blender). After a minute or so of blending, add the miso and blend till combined.
Season with salt, pepper and lemon juice and serve immediately.
Note: To maintain the beneficial bacteria found in the unpastuerised miso paste, allow the soup to cool a little before adding the miso in.