Deepen Your Practice is a series of workshops to advance your knowledge in all things yoga. Here at InYoga we are committed to providing our community with opportunities to LIVE, KNOW, LOVE, A LIFE IN YOGA. If you are on an Awaken, Transform or Lifestyle membership our Deepen Your Practice Series is complimentary.
Join this Foundational Deepen Your Practice workshop where your roots can get a little deeper behind the how, what and why of the practice. You'll revisit the 'how to' from an anatomical perspective, know how to modify and where to use your breath to increase body awareness.
Saturday 28th July 1:45pm- 3:45pmDeepen Your Practice - Inversion Foundations with Sarah Moore
Learn how to safely defy gravity in this lighthearted class, and cultivate an awareness of your body moving effortlessly through space. This foundational workshop will guide you through a practice full of functional body work to help you balance and develop strength to turn upside down. When approached with a sense of curiosity and play, yoga practice becomes satisfying and fun, rather than serious. The workshop will leave you feeling strong and invigorated, giving you a toolbox of things to play with in your own practice so you can keep going upside down.
This two hour workshop-style class is suitable for all levels. No arm-balance or inversion experience necessary.
Not recommended if you experience any of these issues:
- Low blood pressure
- Wrist issues
- Neck and shoulder issues
- Dental, eye and ear health issues
Come along if you want to:
- Learn more about why we do what we do in yoga
- Deepen your understanding of healthy alignment and breath work
- Know when to listen to you body and modify poses
- Feel safe to build up your practice into more advanced postures
- Enhance your awareness of energy moving through the asana
- Feel grounded and connected to a practice that is relevant to YOUR individual body needs
What to bring:
- A yoga mat (or hire one of ours for $2)
- A notebook and pen for those "a- ha" moments
- An open mind