Deepen Your Practice is a series of workshops to advance your knowledge in all things yoga. Here at InYoga we are committed to providing our community with opportunities to LIVE, KNOW, LOVE, A LIFE IN YOGA. If you are on an Awaken, Transform, or Lifestyle membership our Deepen Your Practice Series is complimentary.
Join this Foundational Deepen Your Practice workshop where your roots can get a little deeper behind the how, what and why of the practice. You'll revisit the 'how to' from an anatomical perspective, know how to modify and where to use your breath to increase body awareness.
Saturday 17th November, 1:45pm- 3:45pm
Deepen Your Practice - Arm & Leg Balances Foundations with Jordan Thackray
When practicing yoga, it's important to keep the body's 'moving parts' healthy, that is, joints of the body need to have the right amount of mobility and stability. When our body is out of balance, our joints bear the brunt of external forces, such as gravity. Join Jordan to learn how to effectively stabilize the main load-bearing joints in your yoga practice, so that you can enjoy a healthy body through all kinds of movement. This workshop has an anatomical focus, with practical elements that you can bring into your vinyasa practice to avoid injury and pain. The basics you discover here will set you up to advance your practice in all asanas, particularly arm and leg balances.
Please note this workshop is FREE to members (Lifestyle, Transform, Awaken) - simply book in online under the MEMBER pricing option.
Come along if you want to:
- Learn more about why we do what we do in yoga
- Deepen your understanding of healthy alignment and breath work
- Know when to listen to you body and modify poses
- Feel safe to build up your practice into more advanced postures
- Enhance your awareness of energy moving through the asanas
- Feel grounded and connected to a practice that is relevant to YOUR individual body needs
What to bring:
- A yoga mat (or hire one of ours for $2)
- A notebook and pen for those "a- ha" moments
- An open mind