Deepen Your Practice is a series of workshops to advance your knowledge in all things yoga. Here at InYoga we are committed to providing our community with opportunities to LIVE, KNOW, LOVE, A LIFE IN YOGA.
If you are on an Awaken, Transform or Lifestyle membership our Deepen Your Practice Series is complimentary.
Join this Advanced Deepen Your Practice Workshop where you will play in more advanced variations of poses and deepen your understanding of when, why and how you would choose to advance or modify your practice.
Saturday 3rd November 1:45pm- 3:45pm
Deepen Your Practice - Backbending Advanced
Advanced backbends require not only flexibility in the spine, but also plenty of range in the shoulder and hip joints - this is where most people hit road bumps that halt their progress. Learn the safe ways to open these structures, while strengthening the supporting muscles of the spine and core. Move towards deeper backbends that invigorate your body and mind, but with respect for your own individual body and its needs. Leave your ego at the door and discover the tools to enjoy a healthy backbending practice.
Come along if you want to:
- Learn more about why we do what we do in yoga
- Deepen your understanding of healthy alignment and breath work
- Know when to listen to you body and modify poses
- Feel safe to build up your practice into more advanced postures
- Enhance your awareness of energy moving through the asanas
- Feel grounded and connected to a practice that is relevant to YOUR individual body needs
What to bring:
- a yoga mat (or hire one of ours for $2)
- a notebook and pen for those "a- ha" moments
- an open mind and a relatively empty belly