Deepen Your Practice is a series of workshops to advance your knowledge in all things yoga. Here at InYoga we are committed to providing our community with opportunities to LIVE, KNOW, LOVE, A LIFE IN YOGA. If you are on an Awaken, Transform or Lifestyle membership our Deepen Your Practice Series is complimentary.
Join this Foundational Deepen Your Practice workshop where your roots can get a little deeper behind the how, what and why of the practice. You'll revisit the 'how to' from an anatomical perspective, know how to modify and where to use your breath to increase body awareness.
Saturday 7th July, 1:45pm- 3:45pm
Deepen Your Practice - Core Vinyasa Foundations - with Amy Giuliano
Most vinyasa classes have a similar format and flavour: sun salutes, flowing sequences of standing and balancing poses, arm balances, hip openers, twists, backbends and forward bends. Understanding healthy alignment in the poses is important, but just as important is learning how to move effortlessly between all asanas, synchronising your movement with your breath, and engaging the essential muscles to support your movement.
In this workshop, you will learn foundational movements and transitions, and build your core awareness to create healthy movement. If you're newer to yoga, you'll get all the basics down. If you're more experienced, you'll learn the subtle 'micro-movements' that will have you gliding effortlessly as you flow.
Please note this workshop is FREE to members (Lifestyle, Transform, Awaken) - simply book in online under the MEMBER pricing option.
Come along if you want to:
- Learn more about why we do what we do in yoga
- Deepen your understanding of healthy alignment and breath work
- Know when to listen to you body and modify poses
- Feel safe to build up your practice into more advanced postures
- Enhance your awareness of energy moving through the asanas
- Feel grounded and connected to a practice that is relevant to YOUR individual body needs
What to bring:
- a yoga mat (or hire one of ours for $2)
- a notebook and pen for those "a- ha" moments
- an open mind and a relatively empty belly