Bodywork & Healing for Yoga Teachers
Add depth to your classes, empower your teaching + connect with your students
This 4.5-hour workshop teaches yoga teachers how to incorporate the healing power of touch and focused intention into their classes.
Intuitive bodywork is a beautiful, energetic dance of giving and receiving. When conscious touch is woven throughout a class, both the student and teacher experience is enhanced. Students will feel seen and nourished, while you – as the teacher – become more present, empowered, connected to your students, and more sensitive to their individual needs.
The teachings are inspired by Polynesian bodywork – floor-work massage techniques that follow the energetic lines of the body, to help the student open, soften and release tension. The simple, yet profound philosophies of the native Hawaiians (called “Huna” philosophy) will be woven with yogic mindfulness and these fundamental bodywork techniques. The resulting combination will help you feel more confident in holding sacred space for your students and will allow you to create a meaningful connection with yourself and those around you.
In this workshop, through demonstration and hands-on practice, you will learn:
Conscious bodywork principles:
- How to use mindful touch to enhance your yoga teaching
- A full-body bodywork sequence, inspired by the ancient Polynesian floor-work massage
- How to effectively apply the bodywork technique in group classes or private sessions
- How you can use mindful touch to create deeper relationships with your students
- Energetic sensitivity – how to read students’ energy and then adapt your touch to serve their needs
- Confidence, presence, and assertion within your teaching
You will also receive the following resources, to support further practice:
- Course notes
- Video of the complete bodywork sequence