Dear InYoga family,
Our top priority is always the health and safety of our yoga community. The recent outbreak of the Coronavirus (COVID-19) has raised a variety of questions and concerns, and we want you to be assured that we are constantly monitoring the situation to ensure we are making the best decisions and taking the right action for you, our staff and the InYoga family. As we see the rise in the number of Coronavirus cases across Australia and with the World Health Organisation (WHO) declaring the Coronavirus a pandemic, we will continue to stay updated from reliable government sources to ensure we respond responsibly to the current local and global health situation, and use the most appropriate measures to best prevent and manage the spread of the virus in our community and beyond.
We’re taking precautionary steps to ensure the health and wellbeing of our community when you come to our premises.
These are our strategies for keeping you safe and healthy whilst ensuring you are able to continue enjoying our classes:
- Stocking the bathrooms with plenty of soap, disinfectant and hand sanitiser
- Keeping the studio clean and well ventilated
- We will no longer be using props such as blocks, blankets and bolsters, and suggest you bring your own if desired
- From this evening (Monday 16 March) we will no longer be supplying community yoga mats for use, and highly recommend you purchase your own mat to bring to the studio
- If you don’t have the resources to obtain your own mat, we do have a small number pre-loved mats that have been left at the studio for over a year (pre-coronavirus!) We can offer these to you for free, while they last.
- We'll be avoiding hands-on-assists and one-to-one contact
- Giving support and covering classes for our teachers to stay at home if they are sick
What you can do to help:
- Stay home if you’re feeling unwell
- Wash your hands throughly with soap for at least 20 seconds, before and after class
- Use cough and sneeze etiquette as per the guidelines (cough and sneeze into elbow)
- Bring your own mat and props
- Practice compassion and kindness towards others!
- Be kind to yourself, keep your immune system and spirits hight, and most of all, don't panic!
Will we stay open?
Several people have asked if our studio will stay open throughout this uncertain time. Our plan is to stay open to keep supporting our community, however we will be following the advice and guidelines of government health authorities. We have contingencies for online/virtual classes should the need arise, and will inform you if and when anything changes to our operations.
What about teacher trainings?We would also like to inform you that at this stage our in-house teacher training programs are happening as planned and if this changes we will inform you immediately. We also have contingency plans in place to offer these programs via interactive online learning platforms. During this time, we believe that keeping your immune system strong and healthy is of utmost importance, and encourage you to keep up your regular practice of yoga and meditation as a tool to support your ongoing physical, mental and emotional wellbeing. The health and the well-being of our students, our teachers and staff as our highest priority and we will endeavour to keep you updated as the situation unfolds.
Yours in yoga,
Nicole, Rod & the InYoga Team