DISCOVER THE ART AND SCIENCE OF YOGA CLASS SEQUENCING
Being a modern yoga teacher requires many skills and talents ranging from the practical to the intangible. Empowered teaching comes from the skilful integration of your own embodied wisdom with that of timeless yoga knowledge. This course translates this knowledge into a practical toolkit of yoga class sequencing and teaching skills that will inspire you to embody confidence as you take your teaching to the next level.
Sequencing is both an art and a science, and through this course you’ll learn a variety of sequencing techniques that prepare your students' bodies safely and intelligently as they progress from simple to complex asana. Putting together class sequences can be a fun way to express your creativity as a yoga teacher, and this training will help you become more intentional and purposeful with your sequencing, so that your students will thrive in your classes!
WHAT YOU'LL LEARN
- Learn sequencing techniques to take your students on an empowered journey through their asana practice.
- Create your very own sequences, using the application of 'Vinyasa Krama' (intelligent sequencing), that are safe, inspiring and empowering for all types of students.
- Discover the skills to teach a 'multi-level' yoga class, taking into consideration where your students are at, and what their needs and aspirations are.
- Arm yourself with 'sequencing strategies' to respond in the moment to the varying needs of your students, whether beginner, injured, pregnant or other.
- Acquire the skills to modify and adapt your sequences 'on the fly', so that all of your students feel cared for in your classes.
- Learn how to sequence classes and courses for beginning yoga students, and help them to start their yoga journey safely and with a clear pathway to progress in their practice
- Learn how to sequence towards a peak pose with integrity, creating an intelligent pathway for students to progress in their practice.
- Learn how to easily remember your sequences so you don't get lost mid-flow!
- Discover how to repurpose class sequences so that you don't have to keep 'reinventing the wheel'. Know how much of your sequences you can repeat, and how much new material you need to introduce to keep it fresh and inspiring for your students (and for yourself!)
- Cultivate a teaching 'program' or curriculum for your students, so that there's consistency, purpose and clarity across all of your classes, allowing you to map out your students' journey of discovery across a broad range of asanas, and over a designated period of time.
- Learn how to sequence across a week, a month or longer so that you can spend less time working on the actual sequences, and devote more time to cultivating your teaching skills.
- Receive 20 tried and tested sequences that you can use for your own personal practice, or adapt and vary according to your students’ individual and collective needs, and different levels of ability.
- Follow our unique blue-print and class creation process, that will help you put together inspiring classes that are safe, effective and transformational.
- Discover practical and relevant ways to marry yogic wisdom with your asana sequences, creating theming ideas that integrate seamlessly with your class sequences
- Take your teaching to new levels of empowerment and confidence through this practical exploration!
HOW THE ONLINE COURSE IS DELIVERED
This course has been carefully and thoughtfully adapted from our in-person Art of Sequencing Teacher Training that Nicole has been leading for the past 8 years.
The online format is taught live over a 5-consecutive day immersion, with recordings available to view if timezone or time constraints prevent you from participating live.
You'll access the course content through our Online Teacher Training Course Portal on the InYoga website.
If you're participating live, each day you'll log into our Online Course Portal to access the Zoom links to join the live sessions.
The live format will include daily yoga practices, live interactive sessions, homework assignments, digital teacher training manual, downloadable worksheets and class planning templates. Your live participation and completion of homework assignments and exercises will award you with a 50-hour teacher training certificate. The training materials will be available to you for 12 months from start date of the course, 7th July 2021.
Schedule for Live Participation - all times are Australian Eastern Standard Time (AEST)
Wednesday to Sunday
8am - 10am ~ Yoga practice
10am - 10:30am ~ Break
10:30am - 12:00pm Session
12:00pm - 12:15pm Break
12:15pm - 1:30pm Session
1:30pm - 2:00pm Break
2:00pm - 3:30pm Session
3:30pm - 3:45pm Break
3:34pm - 5:00pm Session
You'll also receive follow up support directly from Nicole for the month following the live training, via three Zoom sessions:
Monday 19 July 6pm - 7pm AEST (Sydney, Australia)
Monday 26 July 6pm - 7pm AEST (Sydney, Australia)
Monday 2 August 6pm - 7pm AEST (Sydney, Australia)
You're welcome to take this training at your own pace, if participating live is not possible due to circumstances or time zone. Through our Online Course Portal, you'll receive access to all recorded yoga classes and training sessions, as well as digital teacher training manual, downloadable worksheets and class planning templates. To receive a 50-hour teacher training certificate, you will need to complete all homework assignments and exercises to ensure you have integrated the information taught. The training materials will be available to you for 12 months from start date of the course, 7th July 2021.
You'll be able to receive support directly from Nicole for the month following the live training, via three Zoom sessions:
Monday 19 July 6pm - 7pm AEST (Sydney, Australia) / 9am - 10 am BST (London, UK)
Monday 26 July 6pm - 7pm AEST (Sydney, Australia) / 9am - 10 am BST (London, UK)
Monday 2 August 6pm - 7pm AEST (Sydney, Australia) / 9am - 10 am BST (London, UK)
"I've just completed the 50 hour sequencing module with Nicole and I feel so inspired to create meaningful, effective sequences! Nicole's 20 years of teaching experience have created a highly skilful and unique methodology that she so generously shared with us in the course and the sequences she gave us in the manual. I am so grateful for these teachings and have been able to use them in my classes straight away. Thank you Nicole for sharing your bountiful wisdom with us, we are so lucky to have you teach us!!!" ~ Cara, Yoga Teacher & Studio Owner
"The sequencing training with Nicole was fantastic. I used to find planning sequences really tedious work and never really knew where to begin. Nicole's instruction and helpful tips have made the process so much more enjoyable. I now feel more confident in my ability to provide an enjoyable and safe experience for my students through creative transitions and purposeful sequencing." ~ Nabila, Yoga Teacher
This training is open to those with a 200hr yoga teacher training qualification, either with InYoga or other Yoga Alliance/Yoga Australia registered schools. If you have not completed 200-hours of yoga teacher training, please get in touch with us to assess your suitability for this course by contacting email@example.com.
This training forms part of InYoga’s 200, 300/350 and 500-hour teacher training pathway through Yoga Australia and Yoga Alliance. Participants who have already completed 200 hours of yoga teacher training will receive a 50 hour certificate once all course material has been completed.
This course is 100% online. Please ensure you have a reliable internet connection, especially if attending the live online sessions. All live sessions are recorded in high-definition video and are hosted via our Online Teacher Training Course Portal.
After registering for this training, you will receive a confirmation email with more details on general information, training materials needed, and instructions on how to access your online training.
Full payment is required at the time of booking
Cancellation and Withdrawal
No refund for cancellations within 14 days of course commencing.
Outside of the 14-day no-refund period, cancellations will incur a $150 administration fee. Alternatively, you may transfer to any 50-hour Advanced or Empowered Teacher Training Module within 2 years.