DISCOVER THE ART AND SCIENCE OF YOGA CLASS SEQUENCING
Being a modern yoga teacher requires many skills and talents ranging from the practical to the intangible. Empowered teaching comes from the skilful integration of your own embodied wisdom with that of timeless yoga knowledge. This course translates this knowledge into a practical toolkit of yoga class sequencing and teaching skills that will inspire you to embody confidence as you take your teaching to the next level.
Sequencing is both an art and a science, and through this course you’ll learn a variety of sequencing techniques that prepare your students' bodies safely and intelligently as they progress from simple to complex asana. Putting together class sequences can be a fun way to express your creativity as a yoga teacher, and this training will help you become more intentional and purposeful with your sequencing, so that your students will thrive in your classes!
WHAT YOU'LL LEARN
- Learn sequencing techniques to take your students on an empowered journey through their asana practice.
- Create your very own sequences, using the application of 'Vinyasa Krama' (intelligent sequencing), that are safe, inspiring and empowering for all types of students.
- Discover the skills to teach a 'multi-level' yoga class, taking into consideration where your students are at, and what their needs and aspirations are.
- Arm yourself with 'sequencing strategies' to respond in the moment to the varying needs of your students, whether beginner, injured, pregnant or other.
- Acquire the skills to modify and adapt your sequences 'on the fly', so that all of your students feel cared for in your classes.
- Learn how to sequence towards a peak pose with integrity, creating an intelligent pathway for students to progress in their practice.
- Learn how to easily remember your sequences so you don't get lost mid-flow!
- Discover how to repurpose class sequences so that you don't have to keep 'reinventing the wheel'. Know how much of your sequences you can repeat, and how much new material you need to introduce to keep it fresh and inspiring for your students (and for yourself!)
- Cultivate a teaching 'program' or curriculum for your students, so that there's consistency, purpose and clarity across all of your classes, and so that you take your students on an inspiring journey.
- Learn how to sequence across a week, a month or longer so that you can spend less time working on the actual sequences, and devote more time to cultivating your teaching skills.
- Receive 20 tried and tested sequences that you can adapt and vary according to your students’ individual and collective needs, and different levels of ability.
- Follow our unique blue-print and class creation process, that will help you put together inspiring classes that are safe, effective and transformational.
- Discover practical and relevant ways to marry yogic wisdom with your asana sequences, creating theming ideas that integrate seamlessly with your class sequences
- Take your teaching to new levels of empowerment and confidence through this practical exploration!
CHOOSE YOUR TRAINING FORMAT - IN-STUDIO OR ONLINE
We offer this training in either an in-studio or online format. Both formats are presented together live. If you choose to study online, you will be involved in the live workshops from the studio and receive the benefit of in the moment questioning and feedback. The live sessions will also be available as recordings for both course formats for 12 months.
The in-studio course will be held at:
Level 2, 137 Devonshire St
Surry Hills, NSW 2010.
The online course will be available via our Online Teacher Training Portal
Wednesday 9 November - Sunday 13 November, 2022
8:00am - 5:00pm
The course will include morning asana and meditation practice, theory sessions and practical sequencing sessions.
Please bring a yoga mat, notebook and pen, and your favourite yoga inspiration books - ancient texts and modern classics alike.
Please note this course does not include accommodation or meals
This training is open to those with a 200hr yoga teacher training qualification, either with InYoga or other Yoga Alliance/Yoga Australia registered schools. If you have not completed 200-hours of yoga teacher training, please get in touch with us to assess your suitability for this course by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org.
This training forms part of InYoga’s 200, 300/350 and 500-hour teacher training pathway through Yoga Australia. Participants who have already completed 200 hours of yoga teacher training will receive a 50 hour certificate.
There will be a homework assignment and practical assessment for certification.
HOW THE ONLINE COURSE IS DELIVERED
The online format is taught live via Zoom over a 5-consecutive day immersion, with recordings available to review after the live sessions.
You'll access the course content through our Online Teacher Training Course Portal on the InYoga website. Replays will become available 24-48 hours after the live sessions are recorded, and you’ll have 12 months to access and review the course content.
Teacher training manual will be available in an online format. If you would like a hard copy of the manual, you may request one to be sent to you for the cost of AUD$50 plus postage.
Live Online Participation
If you're able to participate live online (highly recommended!), each day you'll log into our Online Course Portal to access the Zoom links to join the live sessions. The live format will include daily yoga practices, live interactive sessions, homework assignments, digital teacher training manual, and downloadable worksheets. Participating live will allow you to interact your trainers and other trainees through real-time discussion and group work. Your live participation and completion of homework assignments and exercises will award you with a 50-hour teacher training certificate. The training materials will be available to you for 12 months from the start date of the course.
Daily Schedule for Live Participation
All times are Australian Eastern Standard Time (AEST) or Australian Easter Daylight Time (AEDT) if applicable
8am - 9.30am Yoga practice
9.30am - 10:15am Break
10:15am - 1:15pm Morning Session (includes 15 minute break)
1:15pm - 2:00pm Break
2:00pm - 5:00pm Afternoon Session (includes 15 minute break)
Please note all lecture sessions will include ample break time to allow everyone to feel refreshed between sessions. Maximum session time is 90 minutes.
Flexible Self-Paced Participation
You're welcome to take this training at your own pace, if participating live is not possible due to circumstances or time zone. Through our Online Course Portal, you'll receive access to all recorded yoga classes and training sessions, as well as digital teacher training manual and downloadable worksheets.
To receive a 50-hour teacher training certificate, you will need to complete all homework assignments and exercises to ensure you have integrated the information taught. The training materials will be available to you for 12 months from start date of the course.
Full payment is required at the time of booking
Cancellation and Withdrawal
Withdrawal from single module purchase:
No refund for cancellations within 14 days of course commencing.
Outside of the 14-day no-refund period, cancellations will incur a $150 administration fee. Alternatively, you may transfer to any 50-hour Advanced or Empowered Teacher Training Module within 2 years.
Withdrawal from package module purchase:
No refund for cancellations, however you may transfer to any 50-hour Advanced or Empowered Teacher Training Module within 2 years.
95% attendance is required for a teacher training certificate to be awarded.
"I've just completed the 50 hour sequencing module with Nicole and I feel so inspired to create meaningful, effective sequences! Nicole's 20 years of teaching experience have created a highly skilful and unique methodology that she so generously shared with us in the course and the sequences she gave us in the manual. I am so grateful for these teachings and have been able to use them in my classes straight away. Thank you Nicole for sharing your bountiful wisdom with us, we are so lucky to have you teach us!!!" ~ Cara, Yoga Teacher & Studio Owner
"The sequencing training with Nicole was fantastic. I used to find planning sequences really tedious work and never really knew where to begin. Nicole's instruction and helpful tips have made the process so much more enjoyable. I now feel more confident in my ability to provide an enjoyable and safe experience for my students through creative transitions and purposeful sequencing." ~ Nabila, Yoga Teacher