As yoga teachers we are essentially communicators or guides to an experience that is often beyond words. Learn to teach skilfully by weaving your own personal experience of yoga, with the wisdom that flows from the practices and language of self-inquiry.
This dynamic combination of elements results in a class that involves much more than the technical instruction of asana. In this practical course, delve into the art of essential language to inspire and uplift your students.
Artfully link together anatomical awareness and yoga philosophy in a way that speaks to your students’ bodies, hearts and minds. Develop your own unique language and teaching style that offer students the exploration of yoga asana through form, function and feeling.
- Learn to layer your teaching instructions with clear and relevant anatomical detail, while sharing your understanding of the benefits of the asana.
- Discover ways to speak directly and succinctly, using essential language cues.
- Learn the language of self-inquiry that will allow your students to delve into their own unique experience of yoga.
- Create your own language style that is inspiring and heartfelt, so you connect to your students' hearts and minds.
- Share your own personal experience of yoga in a way that is relevant to your students (without the "over-share")
This training is open to those with a 200hr yoga teacher training qualification, either with InYoga or other Yoga Alliance/Yoga Australia registered schools.
This training forms part of InYoga’s 500 hour teacher training pathway through Yoga Australia, and 300/500 hour pathway through Yoga Alliance. Participants who have already completed 200 hours of yoga teacher training will receive a 50 hour certificate.
This course will be held at InYoga studio, 115 Cooper Street Surry Hills.
Wednesday 13th September - Sunday 17th September 2017 - 7am-5pm
The course will include morning asana and meditation practice, theory and practical sessions.
Please bring a yoga mat, notebook and pen, and an open heart and mind!