Calling all yoga teachers! You are invited to participate in this in-depth training with global leaders in the field of meditation, Dr Lorin Roche and Camille Maurine (USA). This training is specifically designed for yoga teachers to discover valuable tools and techniques to incorporate meditation into their teaching, in classes and private sessions.
Meditation has become mainstream in our contemporary culture, with tens of millions of people practicing some form of meditation daily. It’s now well-known in the scientific and medical worlds that meditation is an essential part of a healthy lifestyle, with profound benefits for physical and emotional health.
Between them Lorin and Camille have more than 95 years of experience and they find that the skills of meditation are learnable and teachable.
This training will include:
- The science and practice of meditation - research indicates that meditation is a natural and instinctive capacity, part of the body's innate regulatory function of rest and renewal.
- Recognizing spontaneity and rhythm - we all experience spontaneous meditative states, and a skilled meditation teacher will learn how to cooperate with their student's inner nature.
- The subtle senses - human beings have a dozen senses, if you include balance, motion, temperature, muscle stretch, joint position, and others. All of the senses are used as doorways into meditation.
- Instinctive wisdom - recognising and honouring our powerful and innate wisdom for self-healing and self-evolving.
- The five elements - meditation teachers need to be intimate with the five elements (Tattvas) of earth, water, fire, air and space –– and how they are used to enrich meditation practice.
- Mandala of emotions - understand the full spectrum of emotions that make up a large part of everyone's meditative experience - one of the biggest challenges meditators face.
- Language and listening skills - meditation teachers need a new language to guide students into their inner world, and also require skills for effective communication and listening to their students' experience.
- Meditation techniques - meditation is the practice of falling in love with pranashakti, the life force. There are many techniques, and skill is required to find the right technique for each individual. The Radiance Sutras presents 112 different doorways into meditation to help you guide students to find what they love about meditation, and dive in.
- Meditation Secrets for Women - women now make up around 70% of yoga and meditation students. In teaching meditation, as in teaching asana, it is crucial to honour individual body-types. Meditation Secrets for Women illuminates essential elements of a healthy, revolutionary approach for the female body-psyche – one that will inspire and deepen how you teach your female students. Presented by Camille Maurine.
- Daily morning asana practice with Nicole Walsh & Rod Galbraith to integrate asana and meditation.
- The opportunity to meditate daily with acclaimed meditation teachers and authors, Dr Lorin Roche and Camille Maurine.
"In the modern West, there is a revolution underway, an awakening, such that yoga and meditation have become completely mainstream. The challenge now is to train enough meditation teachers to meet the need. It will be decades before there are enough skilled meditation teacherms. Let's get to work.” ~ Lorin Roche
About Lorin Roche
Dr. Lorin Roche was lucky enough to begin practicing asana, pranayama, and meditation in 1968. He was trained as a meditation teacher in 1969-1970 and has been sharing the delight ever since. Lorin is the author of Meditation Made Easy, Meditation Secrets for Women, and The Radiance Sutras. At the University of California at Irvine, his Master’s Degree work focused on the injuries and developmental crises provoked by meditation and opening the chakras; his Ph.D. research was on the language of inner experience in meditation - the way meditators describe their inner worlds. He lives in Marina del Rey with his yogini shaktini wife, Camille Maurine. Together the couple give a certified meditation teacher training. Learn more about Lorin here.
About Camille Maurine
Camille Maurine is a meditation mentor, dancer, and writer internationally renowned for her integrative energy practices for women and innovative performance trainings. She is the author of the groundbreaking Meditation Secrets for Women and Meditation 24/7, both written with her husband, Dr. Lorin Roche. Camille gives global courses and teacher trainings in feminine spiritual empowerment and embodiment, and travels worldwide to give performances, workshops, and retreats.
Learn more about Camille here.
It is recommended that participants have completed (or are in the process of completing) a 200-hour Yoga Teacher Training or similar qualification. If you are not a qualified yoga teacher, please contact us about your suitability for this course, and it will be assessed on an individual basis.
The Radiance Sutras, Dr Lorin Roche
*Please purchase a copy of The Radiance Sutras prior to the course, as there will be some personal work required as non-contact hours
Meditation Made Easy, Dr Lorin Roche
Meditation Secrets for Women, Dr Lorin Roche & Camille Maurine
This course will also accrue 30 hours towards the 200-Hour Yoga Alliance Registered Meditation Teacher Training Certificate taught by Dr. Lorin Roche & Camille Maurine.
Additionally, you will receive a Statement of Completion for 10 hours of Radiance Sutras Vinyasa.