THE SUBTLE ARTS OF YOGA MEDITATION
Meditation and the art of Mudra, Pranayama and Mantra cultivates a quality of attention, curiosity and wonder that can transform a yoga practice and your life.
Do your students come to you with questions like:
- Why is it so hard to sit still in meditation?
- Why can't I stop my thoughts?
- What is the right amount of time to meditate for?
- Why can't I calm my mind? It's always so busy!
There are plenty of myths around what happens (or doesn't happen!) in meditation, what is the 'right' way to do it, and how long we should meditate for. Meditation is a natural, instinctive process that everyone can access with skillful guidance. It has little to do with repressing thoughts and clearing your mind, although that is often what is offered by meditation teachers.
In this course you will learn the wisdom and skills to guide your student’s awareness through the 'koshas', or the layers of one's being from gross to subtle. You will discover how to weave these elements through a yoga class, allowing students to become awakened to the full potential of yoga. Helping to guide your students in a natural, life-affirming approach to meditation is a wonderful gift, whether you aim to teach meditation as part of an asana class, or in dedicated meditation sessions.
HIGHLIGHTS OF THE COURSE
- Learn the language and presence to guide meditation instinctively and effortlessly.
- Explore timeless meditation practices from the yoga tradition.
- Learn the science behind how and why these meditation practices work.
- Discover the skill to awaken natural instincts as doorways to effortless meditation.
- Explore the physical body as an expression and tool of connection to essence, through the practice of mudra. Realise the potential of mudra to enhance your own teaching and communication skills.
- Deepen your experience of the flow of prana through classical and evolutionary breath practices and kriyas, and the skills to teach them to your students.
- Discover mantra as a tool of thought to bring harmony and focus to the mind.
- Unlock your ability to use language as a guide to a healthy flow of emotion.
- Become sensitive to the teaching power of shunya (silence or space).
- Learn the secrets to create the space for a truly relaxing and restorative savasana.
A passionate teacher of meditation, Rod Galbraith’s greatest love lies in sharing the wonder and delight of the subtle practices of yoga. Drawing on his traditional studies with Sri Sri Ravi Shankar (Art of Living) and the synergistic approach of his current teachers Lorin Roche and Shiva Rea. Rod weaves knowledge of the deeper practices of yoga with experience from his own dedicated personal practice, artfully sharing this knowledge with yoga students and teachers alike, through classes, workshops and yoga teacher trainings.
The Radiance Sutras by Lorin Roche PhD
Meditation Made Easy by Lorin Roche, PhD
Meditation Secrets for Women by Camille Maurine & Lorin Roche
If you have not completed 200-hours of yoga teacher training, please get in touch with us to assess your suitability for this course by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org.
This training forms part of InYoga’s 200, 300/350 and 500-hour teacher training pathway through Yoga Australia and Yoga Alliance. Participants who have already completed 200 hours of yoga teacher training will receive a 50 hour certificate.
Please note that this course is 100% face to face, with no further requirement to complete training hours outside of the allotted dates! There will be some homework reading at the end of each day. Practical assessment for certification will be completed on the final day of the course.
This course will be held at;
InYoga Training Studio,
Level 2, 137 Devonshire St,
Surry Hills, NSW 2010.
Wednesday 25 September to Sunday 29 September 2019, 8:00am - 6:00pm
The course will include morning asana and meditation practice, theory and practical teaching sessions.
Bring a yoga mat, notebook and pen, and an open heart and mind!
Please note this course does not include accommodation or meals.
Full payment is required at the time of booking
Cancellation & withdrawal from course
Course fee includes $150 non-refundable administration fee in the event of withdrawal from course. No refund for cancellations within 14 days of course commencing. Credit can be applied towards any teacher training module within 2 years.
95% attendance is required for a teacher training certificate to be awarded. Students who miss more than 5% of the contact hours may request private tuition at their own cost to make up any missed sessions (costs are $120-$250/hour). This course is competency-based, which means there is no pass or fail.