THE SUBTLE ARTS OF YOGA MEDITATION
Meditation and the art of Mudra, Pranayama and Mantra cultivates a quality of attention, curiosity and wonder that can transform a yoga practice and your life.
Do your students come to you with questions like:
- Why is it so hard to sit still in meditation?
- Why can't I stop my thoughts?
- What is the right amount of time to meditate for?
- Why can't I calm my mind? It's always so busy
There are plenty of myths around what happens (or doesn't happen!) in meditation, what is the 'right' way to do it, and how long we should meditate for. Meditation is a natural, instinctive process that everyone can access with skillful guidance. It has little to do with repressing thoughts and clearing your mind, although that is often what is offered by meditation teachers.
In this course you will learn the wisdom and skills to guide your student’s awareness through the 'koshas', or the layers of one's being from gross to subtle. You will discover how to weave these elements through a yoga class, allowing students to become awakened to the full potential of yoga. Helping to guide your students in a natural, life-affirming approach to meditation is a wonderful gift, whether you aim to teach meditation as part of an asana class, or in dedicated meditation sessions.
HIGHLIGHTS OF THE COURSE
- Learn the language and presence to guide meditation instinctively and effortlessly.
- Explore timeless meditation practices from the yoga tradition.
- Learn the science behind how and why these meditation practices work.
- Discover the skill to awaken natural instincts as doorways to effortless meditation.
- Explore the physical body as an expression and tool of connection to essence, through the practice of mudra. Realise the potential of mudra to enhance your own teaching and communication skills.
- Deepen your experience of the flow of prana through classical and evolutionary breath practices and kriyas, and the skills to teach them to your students.
- Discover mantra as a tool of thought to bring harmony and focus to the mind.
- Unlock your ability to use language as a guide to a healthy flow of emotion.
- Become sensitive to the teaching power of shunya (silence or space).
- Learn the secrets to create the space for a truly relaxing and restorative savasana.
A passionate teacher of meditation, Rod Galbraith’s greatest love lies in sharing the wonder and delight of the subtle practices of yoga. Drawing on his traditional studies with Sri Sri Ravi Shankar (Art of Living) and the synergistic approach of his current teachers Lorin Roche, Camille Maurine and Shiva Rea. Rod weaves knowledge of the deeper practices of yoga with experience from his own dedicated personal practice, artfully sharing this knowledge with yoga students and teachers alike, through classes, workshops and yoga teacher trainings.
"The Meditation Teacher Training with Rod opened my mind to different ways that meditation can be taught and practiced. Rod made it so engaging and informative but at the same time super practical and relatable. I'm really enjoying sharing some of this knowledge with my students! Thank you!"
~ Cara, Yoga Teacher
"I really enjoyed the Meditation Teacher Training. Rod made us feel comfortable in our space, and because he taught from his heart the course was so heart warming. I loved how the meditation course had freedom within the structure and how we all got to inspire each other and be ourselves. Rod shared his wisdom and knowledge to us and taught us to trust our intuition too. That made us all have that freedom within the meditation structure and be ourselves which gave us a chance to accept who we are and explore our unique self."
~ Jenni, Yoga Teacher
The Radiance Sutras by Lorin Roche PhD
Meditation Made Easy by Lorin Roche, PhD Meditation Secrets for Women by Camille Maurine & Lorin Roche
This training forms part of InYoga’s 200, 300/350 and 500-hour teacher training pathway through Yoga Australia and Yoga Alliance. Participants who have already completed 200 hours of yoga teacher training will receive a 50 hour certificate.
Please note that this course is 100% face to face, with no further requirement to complete training hours outside of the allotted dates! There will be some homework reading at the end of each day. Practical assessment for certification will be completed on the final day of the course.
This course will be held at:
Level 2, 137 Devonshire St
Surry Hills, NSW 2010
Wednesday 18th November to Sunday 22nd November 2020,
Wed - Fri 7:30am-5:00pm
Sat - Sun 8:00am-6:00pm
The course will include morning asana and meditation practice, theory and practical teaching sessions.
Bring a yoga mat, notebook and pen, and an open heart and mind!
Please note this course does not include accommodation or meals.
Full payment is required at the time of booking
Cancellation and Withdrawal
Withdrawal from single module purchase:
No refund for cancellations within 14 days of course commencing.
Outside of the 14-day no-refund period, cancellations will incur a $150 administration fee. Alternatively, you may transfer to any 50-hour Advanced or Empowered Teacher Training Module within 2 years.
Withdrawal from package module purchase:
No refund for cancellations, however you may transfer to any 50-hour Advanced or Empowered Teacher Training Module within 2 years.
95% attendance is required for a teacher training certificate to be awarded. Students who miss more than 5% of the contact hours will require private tuition at their own cost to make up any missed sessions ($250/hour) in order to receive a certificate.