DISCOVER YOUR LUNAR 'BHAVANA'
In the Tantric Hatha Yoga system, we consciously cultivate two aspects: the solar side - dynamic, activating, heating, and invigorating; and the lunar side - restorative, regenerative, cooling, and healing.
Much of modern yoga reflects the solar aspect of being which in a way, is evident in the life of moderns humans, with so much focus on 'doing' and so little focus on 'being'. Cultivating lunar 'bhavana', or 'feeling state' allows a subtle shift towards being more inwardly attentive, and the practices move towards being more nourishing and healing for the body and mind.
If you enjoy a 'Yin-style' practice, you'll appreciate the subtlety of the Lunar Arts of yoga. However, where a typical Yin yoga class may be very still and static, a Lunar Flow will explore rhythmic, pulsation-type movements that regenerate the tissues of your body, revive the flow of prana through the energy pathways, and elicit states of deep peace and inner harmony.
These Lunar practices are adaptable, and can be suitable for anyone needing to follow or more nourishing rhythm in their yoga practice and life, anyone healing from chronic stress-related illness, pregnant goddesses looking to nurture themselves through the trimesters of their pregnancy.
WHAT YOU'LL LEARN
- Discover the sacred alchemy of Lunar yoga class experience from gross to subtle, using the model of the Koshas.
- Help your students to explore the layers of their being - physical body, energy body, mind, emotions, intuition and bliss.
- Learn the language and presence to guide meditative Lunar Flow practices instinctively and effortlessly.
- Explore the physical body as an expression and tool of connection to essence, through flowing, Lunar-style namaskars that cultivate peace and restfulness.
- Understand the dynamics of long-hold 'mudrasanas', and their affects on the physical body (fascia) and energy body (nadis).
- Deepen your experience of the flow of prana through classical and evolutionary breath practices and kriyas, and the skills to teach them to your students.
- Explore cooling and balancing Lunar pranayama practices.
- Learn traditional Sanskrit mantras that cultivate harmonious inner rhythms.
- Explore timeless meditation practices from the Tantric yoga tradition.
- Discover the skill to effortlessly guide Lunar relaxation practices and Yoga Nidra.
- Become sensitive to the teaching power of shunya (silence or space).
- Learn the secrets to create the space for a truly relaxing and restorative savasana.
COURSE DATES, LOCATION AND LOGISTICS
This course will be held at:
Level 2/137 Devonshire Street
Surry Hills NSW
Wednesday 8th - Sunday 12th September 2021
Wednesday 9:00am - 5:00pm
Thursday - Friday 7:30am-5:00pm
Saturday - Sunday 8:00am-6:00pm
The course will include morning asana and meditation practice, theory and practical sessions.
Bring a yoga mat, notebook and pen, and an open heart and mind!
Please note that accommodation and meals are not included.
The Radiance Sutras, Dr Lorin Roche PhD
Tending the Heartfire, Shiva Rea
This training is open to those with a 200hr yoga teacher training qualification. If you have not completed 200-hours of yoga teacher training, please get in touch with us to assess your suitability for this course by contacting email@example.com.
This training forms part of InYoga’s 200, 300/350 and 500-hour teacher training pathways through Yoga Australia and Yoga Alliance. Participants who have already completed 200 hours of yoga teacher training will receive a 50 hour certificate for this course.
Please note that this course is 100% face to face, with no further requirement to complete training hours outside of the allotted dates! There will be some homework reading at the end of each day. Practical assessment for certification will be completed on the final day of the course.
You'll receive a hard-copy certificate upon successful completion of this course. We highly recommend scanning your certificate immediately, and keeping a soft-copy on file in a safe place. Replacement certificates may be requested at the cost of $10 per certificate, plus any postage required.
Full payment is required at the time of booking
Cancellation and Withdrawal
Withdrawal from single module purchase:
No refund for cancellations within 14 days of course commencing.
Outside of the 14-day no-refund period, cancellations will incur a $150 administration fee. Alternatively, you may transfer to any 50-hour Advanced or Empowered Teacher Training Module within 2 years.
Withdrawal from package module purchase:
No refund for cancellations, however you may transfer to any 50-hour Advanced or Empowered Teacher Training Module within 2 years.
95% attendance is required for a teacher training certificate to be awarded. Students who miss more than 5% of the contact hours will require private tuition at their own cost to make up any missed sessions ($250/hour) in order to receive a certificate.