THE ART OF AWAKENED TEACHING!
As yoga teachers we are essentially communicators or guides to an experience that is often beyond words. Because of this, it's sometimes challenging to find the right words to express the desired sentiment when you're teaching a yoga class. This training is for you if you're a yoga teacher who:
- Wants to integrate relevant alignment cues for yoga asana with inspiring philosophy that will teach your students the deeper meaning of yoga.
- Sometimes feels stuck and repetitive when giving cues and instructions.
- Would like real-time feedback on your teaching to help you continue to grow as a teacher.
- Finds it challenging to come up with themes that are relevant, whilst creating deep connection with your students.
- Has played with theming but finds it hard to weave a theme through the class in an integrated way.
During this course, be mentored by Nicole & Rod in the system they have developed for mentoring their own teachers at InYoga.
Learn to teach skilfully by weaving your own personal experience of yoga, with the wisdom that flows from the practices and language of self-inquiry. This dynamic combination of elements results in a class that involves much more than the technical instruction of asana. In this practical course, delve into the art of essential language to inspire and uplift your students.
Artfully link together anatomical awareness and yoga philosophy in a way that speaks to your students’ bodies, hearts and minds. Develop your own unique language and teaching style that offer students the exploration of yoga asana through form, function and feeling.
WHAT YOU CAN EXPECT
- Be mentored by Nicole & Rod in delivering instructions and cues that expertly guide your students into yoga asanas, while offering anatomical functions and benefits, and philosophical wisdom.
- Learn to layer your teaching instructions with clear and relevant anatomical detail, while sharing your understanding of the benefits of the asana.
- Discover ways to speak directly and succinctly, using essential language cues.
- Learn the language of self-inquiry that will allow your students to delve into their own unique experience of yoga.
- Create your own language style that is inspiring and heartfelt, so you connect to your students' hearts and minds.
- Share your own personal experience of yoga in a way that is relevant to your students (without the "over-share").
- Develop your own unique language and teaching style that offer students the exploration of yoga asana through form, function and feeling.
- An opportunity to learn new teaching and presentation skills, improve your confidence and awaken your teaching!
This training is open to those with a minimum or 200hr yoga teacher training qualification, either with InYoga or other Yoga Alliance/Yoga Australia registered schools.
This training forms part of InYoga’s 200, 300/350 and 500-hour teacher training pathway through Yoga Australia and Yoga Alliance. Participants who have already completed 200 hours of yoga teacher training will receive a 50 hour certificate.
Please note that this course is 100% face to face, with no further requirement to complete training hours outside of the allotted dates! There will be some homework reading at the end of each day. Practical assessment for certification will be completed on the final day of the course.
This course will be held at InYoga studio, 115 Cooper Street Surry Hills.
Wednesday 3 April - Sunday 7 April 2019 - 8:00am-6:00pm
The course will include morning asana and meditation practice, theory and practical sessions.
Bring a yoga mat, notebook and pen, and an open heart and mind!
Please note, this course does not include accommodation or meals.
Full payment is required at the time of booking
Cancellation & withdrawal from course
Course fee includes $150 non-refundable administration fee in the event of withdrawal from course. No refund for cancellations within 14 days of course commencing. Credit can be applied towards any teacher training module within 2 years.
95% attendance is required for a teacher training certificate to be awarded. Students who miss more than 5% of the contact hours may request private tuition at their own cost to make up any missed sessions (costs are $120-$250/hour). This course is competency-based, which means there is no pass or fail.