Yoga and Movement Alchemy for All ~ with Shiva Rea
Explorations in the power of yoga, vinyasa and flow as movement meditation
Introduction to Rasa Prana Vinyasa Namaskars & Solar/Lunar Prana Vinyasa Yoga Movement Meditations
Experience a full-spectrum yoga practice intensive into the art of Rasa Vinyasa™- an approach to sequencing vinyasa yoga drawing from yogic arts, tantra, and Ayurveda. We will explore the power of alchemical yoga that is sequenced in harmony with the energetic state of the day for activation, healing, and rejuvenation to bring balance and “juice” to your practice, teaching, and life.
"Rasa is the self tasting the Self" – Sri Abhinavagupta
In this teacher training, Shiva offers the theory and practice of Rasa Vinyasa by exploring three consummate rasas: Vira (strength, potency), Sringara (divine love and sensuality) and Shanti (living peace). You will explore the power of alchemical yoga that is sequenced in harmony with the energetic state of the day for activation, healing, and rejuvenation to bring balance and “juice” to your practice, teaching, and life.
- Rasa Vinyasa – Yoga Alchemy within Tantra, Bhakti, and Ayurveda
- Learn Five Rasa Vinyasa namaskars with the dance of hands-on assists
- Explore Solar and Lunar Rasa Vinyasa Sequences to balance and evolve your practice:
- Sringara Rasa Vinyasa – a creative sadhana that cultivates the fluid flow, Sringara Rasa Namaskars, transformational wave sequencing for backbending, and deep meditation/relaxation for the flow of love
- Vira Prana Flow– a dynamic sadhana integrating Prana DandaYoga, an evolutionary form combined with standing asanas, will engage challenging combinations of arm-balances, standing poses, and hip openers
- Shanti Prana Flow – a meditative vinyasa for being peace, cultivating a complete practice with ritual namaskars, mudra vinyasa, asanas of inner equilibrium within forward bends and hip openers leading to pranayama and meditation
- Meditation & Mudra for Vira, Sringara, and Shanti Rasa
- Cultivation of Bhava (feeling awareness) to enter the natural ﬂow of yoga
- The Poetry in Motion – integration of inner teachings of poetry, music and rhythm in cultivating the “theme of the class”
- Temple of Rasa – prana flow abhyanga massage and radical relaxation
- Sahaja Vinyasa™ and Yoga Trance Dance® – explore the roots of Sahaja and Rasa Vinyasa as a movement meditation
- Sringara Rasa visual powerpoint exploration including the sublime eros; the physiological and spiritual benefits of embodying the power of love
- Awakening Vira Rasa through Kalarippayatu (fluid martial art form in the tradition of CVN Kalari in Kerala) and PranaDandaYoga –a unique and powerful mind-body training method that works with a five-foot flexible staff for inner and outer alignment.
- The Dance of Shiva by Ananda Coomaraswami
Required Online Courses:
This course will give 35 hours towards 200/300 hour teacher training certification with Shiva Rea/Samudra Global School of Living Yoga.
Shiva Rea, global yoga teacher, energy activist, and movement alchemist has collaborated with musicians, DJ’s, and movers and shakers from around the world for positive change. As founder of Prana Vinyasa & Samudra Global School for Living Yoga, Shiva integrates the roots of vinyasa, yoga, Ayurveda and tantra in creative and life-transforming online courses, workshops, retreats and trainings. Her studies in the Krishnamacharya lineage, Kalarippayatu, world dance, yogic arts, and somatic movement infuse her approach to living yoga and embodying the flow.
Shiva has collaborated across many fields and is known for offering the synthesis form of Vinyasa Flow throughout the world, bringing the roots of yoga alive for modern practitioners in creative, dynamic, and life-transforming ways for over 25 years around the globe.
About Prana Vinyasa
Prana Vinyasa Flow, created by Shiva Rea, is a transformational system that offers a progression of full-spectrum vinyasa for beginners to experienced practitioners from the dynamic and positively challenging to rejuvenating. Integrating the roots of Yoga, Tantra, Ayurveda and Bhakti with evolutionary vinyasa, Prana Vinyasa is a synthesis Movement Alchemy system for living the flow of yoga.