Yoga and Movement Alchemy for All ~ with Shiva Rea
Explorations in the power of yoga, vinyasa and flow as movement meditation
Introduction to Elemental Prana Vinyasa Namaskars & Prana Vinyasa Yoga Movement Meditations with Shiva Rea
Yoga is a way to embody the flow of our elemental body and invigorate our primary connection with nature from within. Join us for five days of Elemental Prana Vinyasa Namaskars and Prana Vinyasa Movement Meditation practice with founder Shiva Rea as we ritually recharge while going deeper in the art of teaching living flow.
In a mandala of five elemental prana vinyasa practices and meditations for our sacred center, we will journey into how to cultivate a cellular experience of our “elemental body” for fertilization of our practice, teaching and life. Shiva shares with you her life work to revive the roots and evolution of namaskar as movement meditation to transform routine “sun salutations” into the transformational art of their origins.
Our focus is on the “art of namaskar” and the power of flow states in movement mediation to heal, balance and realize our renewable connection to the elements. We are at a turning point as we realize the shift towards the renewable power of nature is also happening with us. We will honor the intersections of elemental teachings within yoga, Ayurveda, Tantra and indigenous cultures and focus on embodying of earth wisdom for healing modern disconnection.
Experience the “roots and evolution of vinyasa” as Shiva offers the Elemental Vinyasa pathway of the Prana Vinyasa Elemental Namaskars and Solar-Lunar Waves Sequences of the Prana Vinyasa Mandala of Flow system. This system is a unique part of our teacher training which offers the maps of embodiment through the elements as the art of yoga and life-sequencing for realization of our full-potential and dharma in the world.
- Introduction to Vinyasa as movement meditation
- Awakening and principles of vinyasa as movement meditation as we focus on poetry, rhythm, breath and movement patterns.
- Art of Namaskar Workbook with the Five Elemental Namaskars – Bhumi (earth) Namaskar, Jala (water) Namaskar, Agni (fire) Namaskar, Hridaya (air) Namaskar, Akash (space) Namaskar that are part of the 40 Namaskar Mandala.
- Experience the integration of elemental meditation, mudra, mantra and bhavana (contemplation through the heart) in two complete solar-lunar prana vinyasa practices a day.
- Five Prana Mudra Vinyasa and five step process of leading movement meditation
- Understanding the microcosm-macrocosm of the elemental body within yoga and cross-culturally and the importance of embodying nature in our current times of ecological change.
- An introduction prana vinyasa movement alchemy system and how to use a “practice palette” and available online Yoga Alchemy practices to create life balance and flow.
- Caring for the Elemental Body through Ayurvedic Dinacharya and lifestyle (daily and seasonal) rhythms
- Encylopedia of the Subtle Body by Cyndi Dale
- Tending the Heart Fire by Shiva Rea
Required Online Course:
This course will give 35 hours towards 200/300 hour teacher training certification with Shiva Rea/Samudra Global School of Living Yoga.
Shiva Rea, global yoga teacher, energy activist, and movement alchemist has collaborated with musicians, DJ’s, and movers and shakers from around the world for positive change. As founder of Prana Vinyasa & Samudra Global School for Living Yoga, Shiva integrates the roots of vinyasa, yoga, Ayurveda and tantra in creative and life-transforming online courses, workshops, retreats and trainings. Her studies in the Krishnamacharya lineage, Kalarippayatu, world dance, yogic arts, and somatic movement infuse her approach to living yoga and embodying the flow.
Shiva has collaborated across many fields and is known for offering the synthesis form of Vinyasa Flow throughout the world, bringing the roots of yoga alive for modern practitioners in creative, dynamic, and life-transforming ways for over 25 years around the globe.
About Prana Vinyasa
Prana Vinyasa Flow, created by Shiva Rea, is a transformational system that offers a progression of full-spectrum vinyasa for beginners to experienced practitioners from the dynamic and positively challenging to rejuvenating. Integrating the roots of Yoga, Tantra, Ayurveda and Bhakti with evolutionary vinyasa, Prana Vinyasa is a synthesis Movement Alchemy system for living the flow of yoga.