Join Nicole Walsh for this in depth residential teacher training retreat and discover the art and science of yoga class sequencing. Over four days, refine your skills of creating inspiring and effective yoga classes for all types of students from beginner to advanced.
Being a modern yoga teacher requires many skills and talents ranging from the practical to the intangible. Empowered teaching comes from the skilful integration of your own embodied wisdom with that of timeless yoga knowledge. This course translates this knowledge into a practical toolkit of yoga class sequencing and teaching skills that will inspire you to embody confidence as you take your teaching to the next level.
Sequencing is both an art and a science, and through this course you’ll learn a variety of sequencing techniques that prepare your students' bodies safely and intelligently as they progress from simple to complex asana. Putting together class sequences can be a fun way to express your creativity as a yoga teacher, and this training will help you become more intentional and purposeful with your sequencing, so that your students will thrive in your classes!
WHAT YOU'LL LEARN
- Learn sequencing techniques to take your students on an empowered journey through their asana practice.
- Create your very own sequences, using the application of 'Vinyasa Krama' (intelligent sequencing), that are safe, inspiring and empowering for all types of students.
- Discover the skills to teach a 'multi-level' yoga class, taking into consideration where your students are at, and what their needs and aspirations are.
- Arm yourself with 'sequencing strategies' to respond in the moment to the varying needs of your students, whether beginner, injured, pregnant or other.
- Acquire the skills to modify and adapt your sequences 'on the fly', so that all of your students feel cared for in your classes.
- Learn how to sequence towards a peak pose with integrity, creating an intelligent pathway for students to progress in their practice.
- Learn how to easily remember your sequences so you don't get lost mid-flow!
- Discover how to repurpose class sequences so that you don't have to keep 'reinventing the wheel'. Know how much of your sequences you can repeat, and how much new material you need to introduce to keep it fresh and inspiring for your students (and for yourself!)
- Cultivate a teaching 'program' or curriculum for your students, so that there's consistency, purpose and clarity across all of your classes, and so that you take your students on an inspiring journey.
- Learn how to sequence across a week, a month or longer so that you can spend less time working on the actual sequences, and devote more time to cultivating your teaching skills.
- Receive 20 tried and tested sequences that you can adapt and vary according to your students’ individual and collective needs, and different levels of ability.
- Follow our unique blue-print and class creation process, that will help you put together inspiring classes that are safe, effective and transformational.
- Discover practical and relevant ways to marry yogic wisdom with your asana sequences, creating theming ideas that integrate seamlessly with your class sequences
- Take your teaching to new levels of empowerment and confidence through this practical exploration!
COURSE DATES, LOCATION & SCHEDULE
Little Beach, Bouddi National Park,
MacMasters Beach, Central Coast NSW
Wednesday 12 June to Sunday 16 June, 2024
COURSE DELIVERY - IN-PERSON
- 4 days of in-person training
- Supporting online content
COURSE FEE INCLUDES:
- All tuition, including morning asana and meditation practice, theory and practical sessions
- Teacher training manual
- Access to our online teacher training portal, The Teacher's Hub, four weeks prior to course start date
- Four night’s accommodation and all meals while on retreat
This training is open to those with a 200hr yoga teacher training qualification, either with InYoga or other Yoga Alliance/Yoga Australia registered schools.
100% attendance is required for certification, if you have any concerns about your ability to fully attend the in-person sessions, please contact us to discuss solutions at email@example.com.
Participants who have already completed 200 hours of yoga teacher training will receive a 50-hour certificate that will contribute towards:
- InYoga’s 350 and 500-hour teacher certification through Yoga Australia
- InYoga's 300-hour teacher training certification with Yoga Alliance
- YACEP certification with Yoga Alliance
- CPD (Continuing Professional Development) points with Yoga Australia and Yoga Alliance
Please note that this training includes some pre-recorded online content, which will be available one month prior to the course start date.
Ideally this content should be viewed before the face-to-face training, however in the case of a late sign-up to the training, it can be completed afterwards. All online content must be viewed, and associated homework submitted prior to certification.
Withdrawal from single module purchase:
No refund for cancellations within 14 days of course commencing.
Outside of the 14-day no-refund period, cancellations will incur a $150 administration fee. Alternatively, you may transfer to any 50-hour Advanced or Empowered Teacher Training Module within 2 years.
Withdrawal from package module purchase:
No refund for cancellations, however you may transfer to any 50-hour Advanced or Empowered Teacher Training Module within 2 years.
YOGA RETREAT INFORMATION
Nestled in the heart of Bouddi National Park near Macmasters Beach (Central Coast) only 90 minutes drive north from Sydney's CBD. If you don't have transport, please let us know and we'll aim to organise a car-pool with a fellow participant. Alternatively you may take a train to Woy Woy station on the Central Coast, and we'll collect you from there.
Arrival time on Wednesday is 5pm; departure time on Sunday is 3pm.
You'll be guests in our modern earthy home - a sanctuary of serenity - which we've lovingly set up for our guests to enjoy both simplicity and comfort. Our cosy bedrooms feature crisp linen, with comfy doonas and throws. The house and garden has plenty of chill-out space for you to fully integrate what you're learning, as you rekindle your connection with nature, revive your soul, enjoy deliciously healthy meals and great company.
Our yoga room is fully equipped with mats, blocks, straps, bolsters, meditation cushions and blankets, no need to bring anything unless you prefer your own mat.
Breakfast, lunch and dinner are provided each day. All meals are vegetarian, but please notify us of any dietary restrictions beforehand so they can be accommodated.
"I've just completed the 50 hour sequencing module with Nicole and I feel so inspired to create meaningful, effective sequences! Nicole's 20 years of teaching experience have created a highly skilful and unique methodology that she so generously shared with us in the course and the sequences she gave us in the manual. I am so grateful for these teachings and have been able to use them in my classes straight away. Thank you Nicole for sharing your bountiful wisdom with us, we are so lucky to have you teach us!!!" ~ Cara, Yoga Teacher & Studio Owner
"The sequencing training with Nicole was fantastic. I used to find planning sequences really tedious work and never really knew where to begin. Nicole's instruction and helpful tips have made the process so much more enjoyable. I now feel more confident in my ability to provide an enjoyable and safe experience for my students through creative transitions and purposeful sequencing." ~ Nabila, Yoga Teacher