Join Nicole Walsh for this in depth residential retreat teacher training journey into the anatomical and energetic intelligence in your body. Over four days, refine your practice and teaching, and discover a deeper understanding of the human body through yoga asana.
A good foundation in functional, yoga-related anatomy is essential for yoga teachers.
Through this course, the focus is on keeping people safe, preventing injury and dealing with common anatomical and physiological issues that can often be present during yoga practice.
Learn about the variations that occur within people’s bodies that affect how they embody yoga asanas. Discover the effect this has on individual people’s yoga practice, in relation to stability, strength and mobility.
Learn how to use skilful and appropriate hands-on assists to enhance your teaching, and discover how to teach alignment via 'hands-off' assisting techniques. Explore ways to enhance your teaching with skilful verbal cues, embodied suggestions and demonstration of asana refinement and energetics.
Through this teacher training, you'll build a deeper awareness of yoga asana within your own body, and enjoy transferring this knowledge through deep discussion and a delicious exchange of hands-on AND hands-off assists with your fellow trainees.
Expand your repertoire and 'yogic toolkit', while gaining confidence whether you are practicing or teaching!
WHAT YOU'LL LEARN
- How to see people’s bodies rather than just poses - techniques of observation so you know how to be effective when guiding your students in asana practice.
- Structural alignment of the body, with an understanding of the many types of variations in bone and joint structure, and how these affect the practice of asana.
- The energetics of the moving body - understand the prana vayus, the movements of energy through the body; and how the key actions of any asana can be enhanced by tuning in to these energy pathways.
- Understand both the physical and energetic pathways to movement, so that your teaching becomes grounded in both science and philosophy.
- How to build healthy relationships with your students, cultivating trust and connection.
- Learn how to support, stabilise, awaken and deepen your students’ practice through the different types of hands-on and hands-off assisting
- How to offer subtle verbal refinements to individuals and to the whole class, for a more embodied asana experience
- The principles of assisting and adjusting - how to be clear about your intention, and adjust with clarity and purpose
- How to know who, when and how to hands-on assist, and when to ask for permission, so that any hands-on assists become an empowering and potent teaching tool
- The magic of touch - learn about different types of touch, how and when to use them
COURSE DATES, LOCATION & SCHEDULE
Little Beach, Bouddi National Park,
MacMasters Beach, Central Coast NSW
Wednesday 12 June to Sunday 16 June, 2024
COURSE DELIVERY - IN-PERSON
- 4 days of in-person training
- Supporting online content
COURSE FEE INCLUDES:
- All tuition, including morning asana and meditation practice, theory and practical sessions
- Teacher training manual
- Access to our online teacher training portal, The Teacher's Hub, four weeks prior to course start date
- Four night’s accommodation and all meals while on retreat
This training is open to those with a 200hr yoga teacher training qualification, either with InYoga or other Yoga Alliance/Yoga Australia registered schools.
100% attendance is required for certification, if you have any concerns about your ability to fully attend the in-person sessions, please contact us to discuss solutions at email@example.com.
Participants who have already completed 200 hours of yoga teacher training will receive a 50-hour certificate that will contribute towards:
- InYoga’s 350 and 500-hour teacher certification through Yoga Australia
- InYoga's 300-hour teacher training certification with Yoga Alliance
- YACEP certification with Yoga Alliance
- CPD (Continuing Professional Development) points with Yoga Australia and Yoga Alliance
Please note that this training includes online content, which will be available one month prior to the course start date.
Ideally this content should be viewed before the face-to-face training, however in the case of a late sign-up to the training, it can be completed afterwards. All online content must be viewed, and associated homework submitted prior to certification.
Withdrawal from single module purchase:
No refund for cancellations within 14 days of course commencing.
Outside of the 14-day no-refund period, cancellations will incur a $150 administration fee. Alternatively, you may transfer to any 50-hour Advanced or Empowered Teacher Training Module within 2 years.
Withdrawal from package module purchase:
No refund for cancellations, however you may transfer to any 50-hour Advanced or Empowered Teacher Training Module within 2 years.
YOGA RETREAT INFORMATION
Nestled in the heart of Bouddi National Park near Macmasters Beach (Central Coast) only 90 minutes drive north from Sydney's CBD. If you don't have transport, please let us know and we'll aim to organise a car-pool with a fellow participant. Alternatively you may take a train to Woy Woy station on the Central Coast, and we'll collect you from there.
Arrival time on Wednesday is 5pm; departure time on Sunday is 3pm.
You'll be guests in our modern earthy home - a sanctuary of serenity - which we've lovingly set up for our guests to enjoy both simplicity and comfort. Our cosy bedrooms feature crisp linen, with comfy doonas and throws. The house and garden has plenty of chill-out space for you to fully integrate what you're learning, as you rekindle your connection with nature, revive your soul, enjoy deliciously healthy meals and great company.
Our yoga room is fully equipped with mats, blocks, straps, bolsters, meditation cushions and blankets, no need to bring anything unless you prefer your own mat.
Breakfast, lunch and dinner are provided. All meals are vegetarian, but please notify us of any dietary restrictions beforehand so they can be accommodated.