Join Nicole Walsh for this in depth journey into the anatomical and energetic intelligence in your body, refine your practice, and discover a deeper understanding of the human body through yoga asana.
A good foundation in Anatomy is essential for yoga teachers, and helpful for those dedicated yogis who want to have a deeper connection to their own practice.
Our focus is on keeping people safe, preventing injury and dealing with common anatomical and physiological issues that can often be present during yoga practice. We'll tune in to the subtle nuances of human biomechanics through the structural alignment of the musculoskeletal system, and the effect of yoga practice on the body in relation to stability, strength and mobility.
Building on knowledge of anatomical function, Nicole will guide you through an understanding of the energetic pathways of the body based on the Five Vayus (movements of energy). From this knowledge, you'll discover primary alignment actions in yoga asana through observation, personal practice and assisting.
Hands-on assisting is a topic of much discussion in recent years, and where possible, a skilful hands-on assist can be an exceptional teaching tool, and may be transformational and empowering to receive if the approach is sincere, sensitive and respectful of each student's personal needs.
We live in a world now where the ability to teach alignment with 'hands-off' assisting techniques is essential. This training has evolved to explore ways to enhance your teaching with skilful verbal cues, embodied suggestion and demonstration of asana refinement and energetics.
Through this five-day teacher training, you'll build a deeper awareness of yoga asana within your own body, and enjoy transferring this knowledge through deep discussion and a delicious exchange of hands-on AND hands-off assists with your fellow trainees.
Expand your repertoire and 'yogic toolkit', while gaining confidence whether you are practicing or teaching!
WHAT YOU'LL LEARN
- How to see people’s bodies rather than just poses - techniques of observation so you know how to be effective when guiding your students in asana practice.
- Structural alignment of the body, with an understanding of the many types of variations in bone and joint structure, and how these affect the practice of asana.
- The energetics of the moving body - understand the prana vayus, the movements of energy through the body; and how the key actions of any asana can be enhanced by tuning in to these energy pathways.
- Understand both the physical and energetic pathways to movement, so that your teaching becomes grounded in both science and philosophy.
- How to build healthy relationships with your students, cultivating trust and connection.
- Learn how to support, stabilise, awaken and deepen your students’ practice through the different types of hands-on and hands-off assisting
- How to offer subtle verbal refinements to individuals and to the whole class, for a more embodied asana experience
- The principles of assisting and adjusting - how to be clear about your intention, and adjust with clarity and purpose
- How to know who, when and how to hands-on assist, and when to ask for permission, so that any hands-on assists become an empowering and potent teaching tool
- The magic of touch - learn about different types of touch, how and when to use them
COURSE DATES, LOCATION AND LOGISTICS
This course will be held at:
Level 2/137 Devonshire Street
Surry Hills NSW
Wednesday 12 May - Sunday 16 May 2021
Wednesday 9:00am - 5:00pm
Thursday - Friday 7:30am-5:00pm
Saturday - Sunday 8:00am-6:00pm
The course will include morning asana and meditation practice, theory and practical sessions.
Bring a yoga mat, notebook and pen, and an open heart and mind!
Please note that accommodation and meals are not included.
This training is open to those with a 200hr yoga teacher training qualification. If you have not completed 200-hours of yoga teacher training, please get in touch with us to assess your suitability for this course by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org.
This training forms part of InYoga’s 200, 300/350 and 500-hour teacher training pathways through Yoga Australia and Yoga Alliance. Participants who have already completed 200 hours of yoga teacher training will receive a 50 hour certificate for this course.
Please note that this course is 100% face to face, with no further requirement to complete training hours outside of the allotted dates! There will be some homework reading at the end of each day. Practical assessment for certification will be completed on the final day of the course.
Full payment is required at the time of booking
Cancellation and Withdrawal
Withdrawal from single module purchase:
No refund for cancellations within 14 days of course commencing.
Outside of the 14-day no-refund period, cancellations will incur a $150 administration fee. Alternatively, you may transfer to any 50-hour Advanced or Empowered Teacher Training Module within 2 years.
Withdrawal from package module purchase:
No refund for cancellations, however you may transfer to any 50-hour Advanced or Empowered Teacher Training Module within 2 years.
95% attendance is required for a teacher training certificate to be awarded. Students who miss more than 5% of the contact hours will require private tuition at their own cost to make up any missed sessions ($250/hour) in order to receive a certificate.