Mudra, pranayama, mantra, and meditation are instinctive awarenesses that cultivate a quality of attention, curiosity and wonder that can transform a yoga practice and your life.
The layers of our being have an innate ability to find a healthy balance and harmony. However our modern lives can disconnect our awareness from these natural instincts, creating blockages to natural health and wellbeing. As a teacher if we are aware of the body’s natural instincts and expressions in finding health and vitality, we can skilfully guide our students to use these as a vehicle to self-inquiry and reconnection.
As teachers, our role is to invoke a high level of self-inquiry so that students can become more conscious and connected while in the flow of a practice as a rehearsal for life.
In this course you will learn the language and tools to create a fluid experience through your student’s layers of awareness from gross to subtle, and discover how weaving these elements through a yoga class can allow students to become enlightened to the full potential of yoga.
- Discover mudra as an expression and tool of connection to essence, through the physical body and the practice of asana. Realise the potential of mudra to enhance your own teaching and communication skills.
- Deepen your experience of the flow of prana through traditional and intuitive breath practices and kriyas, and the skills to teach them to your students.
- Discover mantra as a tool of thought to bring harmony and focus to the mind.
- Unlock your ability to use language as a guide to a healthy flow of emotion.
- Become sensitive to the teaching power of shunya (silence or space).
- Learn the language and presence to guide meditation instinctively and effortlessly.
- Learn the secrets to create the space for a truly relaxing and restorative savasana.
This training is open to those with a 200-hour yoga teacher training qualification, either with InYoga or other Yoga Alliance/Yoga Australia registered schools.
This training forms part of InYoga’s 500 hour teacher training pathway through Yoga Australia, and 300/500 hour pathway through Yoga Alliance. Participants who have already completed 200 hours of yoga teacher training will receive a 50 hour certificate.
This course will be held at InYoga studio, 115 Cooper Street Surry Hills.
Wednesday 11th October - Sunday 15th October - 7am-5pm
The course will include morning asana and meditation practice, theory and practical teaching sessions.
Please bring a yoga mat, notebook and pen, and an open heart and mind!