Join Nicole Walsh and special guest teachers for this in depth journey into finding the anatomical and energetic intelligence in your students bodies.
A good foundation in Anatomy is essential for yoga teachers to keep students safe, prevent injuries and deal with common anatomical and physiological dysfunctions that can often present in yoga classes. Our anatomy expert Rachel Stanley will guide trainees towards a deeper understanding of the human body through the structural alignment of the musculoskeletal system and the effect of yoga practice on the body through these key areas:
- The building blocks of Sthira and Sukha - bones, joints, muscles, connective tissue
- Physiology of the moving body - strength, flexibility, stability
- Spine - bones, disks, back and neck pain
- Lower body - feet, knees, hips, pelvis - from dysfunction to healthy alignment
- Upper body - hands, wrists, forearms, elbows, shoulders - from dysfunction to healthy alignment
- The nature of injuries and how to apply the techniques of yoga asana to maintain optimum health
Building on an understanding of the anatomical function and alignment, Nicole will guide you through an understanding of the energetic alignment of the body based on the Five Vayus (movements of energy). From this knowledge, you will discover how to apply primary alignment actions within yoga asana through hands-on assisting. Build a deeper awareness of yoga asana through your own personal practice, hone your hands-on skills to enhance the practice of others, and gain greater confidence in the classroom whether you are practicing, assisting or teaching.
WHAT YOU'LL LEARN
- How to cultivate trust and connection
- The energetics of the moving body
- Energetic and structural alignment
- How to see people’s bodies rather than just poses
- How to help support, stabilise, awaken and deepen your students’ practice
- The magic of touch
- Empathy - giving and receiving
- The principles of assisting and adjusting
- The teacher-student relationship
COURSE DATES, LOCATION AND LOGISTICS
This course will be held at InYoga studio, 115 Cooper Street Surry Hills.
Monday 23rd July - Sunday 29th July 2018, 7:00am-5:00pm
The course will include morning asana and meditation practice, theory and practical sessions.
Bring a yoga mat, notebook and pen, and an open heart and mind!
Please note that accommodation and meals are not included.
No refund for cancellation within 72 hours of course commencement date.
This training is open to those with a 200hr yoga teacher training qualification, either with InYoga or other Yoga Alliance/Yoga Australia registered schools.
This training forms part of InYoga’s 200, 350 and 500-hour teacher training pathways through Yoga Australia. This training is designed to accompany the Teaching with Passion & Purpose 75-hour module to create an integrated teaching experience to 350 hour registration. Participants who have already completed 200 hours of yoga teacher training will receive a 75 hour certificate for this course.